We broke ground on 5 July 2021
With Science Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) at the heart of our educational dreams this facility will provide:
- Expanded state of the art science facilities
- Expanded and improved Design Makerspaces for engineering exploration
- Expanded and improved Performance and Visual Arts facilities to celebrate creativity
- Cutting-edge collaborative educational spaces that exchanges the traditional classroom space for a variety of learning environments that supports clustered and personalized learning
- A full service kitchen with a variety of healthy food stations throughout the building.
- Environmentally friendly construction and an advanced sustainable solar and heat pump resource solution
- Open spaces and terraces that encourage learning in the fresh air.
The building will cost nearly 17 million and with additional taxes, fees for planning and the expenses of the interim solution over the two years, the overall project will cost just under 25 million. The school will pay for this building through a careful and prudent long term tuition increase plan transparently outlined in our strategic Future of Education. Now. plan brochure.
Breaking ground in July of 2021, the building is scheduled to be completed by August 2023.
(million) Approximate cost
METERS SQUARED EXCLUDING ROOF TERRACES
Building the Future
Where & Why
Local regulations limited significant reconstruction on our Sindelfingen campus and our Degerloch Lower School Campus. However, we could expand where our Degerloch Upper School campus is located. This is great because this is also where we have our oldest buildings!
Health and wellness are key priorities for the building project, but this also includes significant investment in our outdoor spaces to provide great resources for our Physical Education and Afternoon Activities programs.
Connections Before Curriculum
Our school believes in collaborative learning and this new facility emphasizes learning relationships between students and their teachers in a variety of learning environments that take advantage of our excellent student to teacher ratio.
From the Community
“The floor plan for the new buildings and the rendering are absolutely perfect and the ideas we’ve come up with and discussed have really been taken into consideration.”
“I believe that this will be a great new add on to the school and it will definitely have an impact on how we learn and change.”
Projektleiter/in: Herr Kelley
Bewilligungszeitraum: 01.09.2020 bis 28.02.2022
Vorhabenthema ‘KSI: Fokusberatung Klimaschutz für die International School Stuttgart e.V.